tl;dr - There was lag. I'm trying to fix and want feedback.
Hello all! As many of you have experienced, the server has been experiencing some quite crippling lag, which of course is unacceptable, and I apologize for the annoyance. I believe I have identified some culprits:
- there is a large amount of land loaded
- we do not routinely restart the server, and it tends to slow over time
- handling the circuitry and entities for the iron farm at spawn was contributing a small (but present) amount of lag
Here's a link to the pre-fix timings: http://timings.aikar.co/?url=12242535.
To fix, I've made the following changes:
- followed the timings suggestions and lowered the
entity-activation-rangeto 12 for animals, 24 for monsters, and 4 for misc
- reduced the
- slightly slowed down the spawn rate for iron golems at the spawn iron farm
Here's a link to post-fix timings: http://timings.aikar.co/?url=12242536.
If you experience any lag, please post here - I'll be working to kill any remaining lag and ensure we all have a nice speedy server to play on!
Thanks for the patience,